Enhance EFS provides executive functioning services to individuals and families. We are thrilled to serve clients school age through adulthood with learning differences such as, but not limited to, ADHD, Autism, Anxiety, and Twice Exceptional (2e). Enhance EFS strives to provide its clients with EF services that enhances their executive functioning skills and provides tools that can be implemented in their daily lives, whether at school or work.
Executive functions are a set of mental skills that include working memory, flexible thinking, and self-control. We use these skills every day to learn, work, and manage daily life. Challenges with executive functioning can make it difficult to focus, follow directions, and handle emotions, among other things.
An Enhance EFS executive functioning client can expect an individualized approach that may include:
- An executive functioning skills assessment
- A study skills assessment
- An overview of the connection between the brain and behavior
- Guidance on how to prepare for a class or meeting
- Strategies to visualize time and plan for the day, week and month ahead
- Assistance in mapping out complex projects; breaking them into smaller steps with sub-deadlines
- A list of effective external tools that can be used to compensate for what the brain struggles to accomplish, and guidance on how to utilize them.
- Systems for organizing papers and electronic files
- Guidance on how to set S.M.A.R.T. goals
- Action plans to begin working on future goals
- Techniques to improve working memory
- An overview of emotional and impulse regulation, with an emphasis on learning to pause
- An overview of Zones of Regulation for elementary aged students
- An Enhance EFS reflection tool to evaluate tools and strategies that address their individual needs
- Assistance with application of newfound skills in current learning environments